Over the last two decades, John or his companies have been recognized with numerous awards. Some for his nonprofit work, others are peer-judged industry awards recognizing the caliber of work.
In 2010, the ScottCares Foundation recognized John as one of their "Humanitarians of the Year" for his work in mentoring young aspiring professionals in film and television production.
Jackman has been recognized with numerous national peer-judged awards:
- 1997 Telly Award (documentary)
- 1998 Telly Award (commercial)
- 1999 Videographer Award (fundraising)
- 2001 Aurora Award (documentary)
- 2001 Aegis Award (docmentary)
- 2001 Videographer Award (documentary)
- 2001 Aegis Award (children's)
- 2002 Communicator Award (children's)
- 2002 Crown Award (documentary) In'tl Christian Visual Media Assn.
- 2003 Communicator Award (instructional)
- 2004 Aegis Award (promotional)
- 2007 Aurora Award (short film)
- 2009 Gold Telly Classic Award (documentary series)
- 2010 Platinum FEXY Award (motion graphics/CGI special FX)
- 2010 Silver Telly Award (Religion & Spirituality)
- 2010 Bronze Telly Award (History & Biography)
- 2010 Bronze Telly Award (Lighting)
- 2010 Bronze Telly Award (CGI/Special Effects)
- 2010 Silver Crown - Best Drama Over $250k (ICVM Crown Awards)
- 2010 Bronze Crown - Best Picture (ICVM Crown Awards)
- 2011 Gold AVA Award - Theatrical Trailer (Association of Marketing & Communication Professionals)
- 2013 Gold AVA Award -Theatrical Trailer (Association of Marketing & Communication Professionals)
- 2020 Platinum AVA Award - Documentary (Association of Marketing & Communication Professionals)
John has twice served on the International Judging Committee for the Aurora Awards.